Our Money story starts when we are in the womb (actually, even before that). The beliefs that are picked up in the DNA, neurons, from our parents, friends, teachers, media, strangers and society – all begin to formulate our reality, our financial blueprint.
Money brings joy to many while it is the reason for sadness and depression for many others. Every thought, every thing, even money, is energy. This has to be understood to be able to work on one’s relationship with money. Till you keep viewing it as something sacred or evil, good or bad, need or greed, difficult or easy, possible or impossible, etc. you will keep yourself trapped in the loop of financial instability.
Look around! Are you happy with your money reality? Would you like some changes? Do you feel stuck? Have YOU ever felt that you aren’t making enough money?Does your money get exhausted in clearing debts, paying bills and fulfilling the needs of others?
Do you have the urge to save?Do you fear the future? Spending too much, not having enough, having too much?
Have you ever wondered why is it that you are unable to maintain a steady cash flow? Or why is it that you make a lot of money &still all of it gets spent? Ever wondered why there is so much stress or confusion around money in general? Rich keep getting richer while the poor keep getting poorer.
All of this is a direct reflection of your beliefs around money and about how much you are willing to receive – consciously as well as subconsciously? You may wonder that if money is energy then why are there issues around it? Well, money is the one energy valued by every mortal and hence it also has a lot of beliefs stuck around it. Many of these beliefs are in the subconscious and we may not even be aware of them.
These beliefs bind us just like the young elephant that is tied to a rope. At that age, it’s enough to hold the elephant. As it grows up, it is conditioned to believe that it cannot break away. It believes the rope can still hold it, so the elephant never tries to break free.”
That’s the profound impact of beliefs on us.
What are the common limiting money beliefs?
- Money is the root of all evil.
- Money can’t buy happiness.
- We all can’t be millionaires.
- Money can be earned only through hard work.
- I can’t afford to buy . . . . . . . .
- People who want money can’t be spiritual.
- Money spoils relationships.
- It’s a man’s job to earn the money.
- Rich get richer, poor get poorer.
- People don’t like to pay me.
Would you like to uncover some of your own limiting money beliefs?
Take a moment and answer these questions:
- When you think about money, what emotions begin to surface?
- What excuses do you give to explain your unstable relationship with money?
Complete the following sentence; your answer should tell you everything you need to know:
‘I’d love to have more money, BUT… (fill in the blank)’
Once you’ve uncovered the limiting beliefs ruining your relationship with money, replace them with more positive, supportive beliefs to overwrite the old, limiting ones. Affirmations can be used too.
For example, ‘Money, like everything else in the universe, is infinite. There is enough for everyone, including me.’
What techniques can one use to transform the Money Story?
- Abundance Mindset: Ultimately it is the mindset that makes or breaks our reality. Are you operating from trust and love towards money or from fears? Do you celebrate others’ wealth or are you jealous? Are you in control or do you constantly feel like a victim? Energetically, do you feel empowered and are excited about growth and challenges or are you impatient, fearful, frustrated, angry and lack energy? Is your thinking clear or disorganized? Embrace the change; don’t fear it. There is plenty of everything in the world – love, money, resources, opportunities and more. Focus on abundance and not on lack.
- Practice Gratitude: Do you express gratitude to money? Each time you receive it? Each time you see it? Each time you feel it? Each time you spend it? Yes, even when you spend it. Each time you get a bill? Yes, even then! Feel gratitude for all that money gives you – food, clothes, cars, shower gels, creams, internet, shoes, electricity, Netflix, just about everything. This helps to change your focus to what you have and hence by the rule of “where the focus goes, energy flows”, ‘your haves’ begin to increase. So make gratitude a habit.
- Visualization: Visualization is known to have a great impact on the money story we create for ourselves. If you don’t like something, change the story. Visualize abundance everywhere. Every morning and every night, take out some time to visualize the life you desire as if you already have it. Let the movie play – see, hear, feel, smell and taste the abundance in every aspect. The universe expands on this and gives you more of what you believe you already have.
- Chakra Balancing: Chakras are the energy centers in our body that spin from the top of the head, along the spine to the tailbone. Balancing chakras regularly ensures a life of infinite abundance.
- Manifestation Techniques: There a lot of money manifestation techniques one can use to align self with the energy of money and receive more from the universe.
- Give to receive: The more you give money; the more you receive. The key here is to give it with joy without any judgment, assumption, conclusion or analysis. Remember, money is energy and hence the more generous you are, the more abundance you will experience from the universe.
I truly believe in the saying by Winston Churchill, “you create your own universe as you go along”. It’s time now to redeem your potency and create a life you desire!
Remember:You can’t get rich by thinking poor!
If you are unable to do it on your own, seek help from an expert. This will ensure that you get empowered to use the techniques and strategies to effectively alter your financial blueprint in order to change your money story. Choose abundance – now!
If you would like to take a workshop on Financial Abundance with us, book a financial healing session or would like to know more about “Money & You Program”, feel free to contact us @ +91- 8800006786.
Our panel of advisors, led by Dr. Chandni Tugnait would love to work with you!